A public manager who knows himself well, has the ability to communicate effectively, understands the innovation of the service sector, knows the public issues, understands the character of the servients, is able to provide motivation, and is able to think critically in the decision making
A social worker who is able to understand the social problems and is able to encourage the community participation in solving the problems based on the local skills.
An analyst who is able to produce a good policy information, write and publish for the policy decision making.
A researcher who masters the concepts and theories of the public administration, quantitative and qualitative research methodologies in policy research and public management.
Learning Outcomes of the Undergraduate Public Administration Department
- Being devoted to God Almighty and able to show a religious attitude;
- Upholding the humanity values ??in carrying out duties based on religion, morals and ethics;
- Internalizing academic values, norms, and ethics;
- Being the citizens who are proud and love the country, have nationalism and a sense of responsibility to the state and nation;
- Respecting the diversity of cultures, views, religions and beliefs, as well as the original opinions or findings of others;
- Contributing to improve the quality of life in society, nation, state, and advancement of the civilization based on Pancasila;
- Cooperating and having the social sensitivity and concern for the community and the environment;
- Obeying the law and being discipline in public and state life;
- Internalizing the spirit of independence, struggle, and entrepreneurship;
- Showing the attitude of responsibility for work in their field of expertise independently.
- Internalizing professionalism and integrity
Mastering The Knowledge
- Mastering the theoretical concepts of administration, organization, bureaucracy, public policy, public services, organizational behavior, state finances, administrative reform, and public governance;
- Mastering the general theoretical concepts of the political science and social theory;
- Mastering the principles and macroeconomics rule, state administrative law, risk management, and public administration ethics;
- Mastering the qualitative and quantitative research methods, at least the survey methods , field research, case studies, document studies, and policy research;
- Mastering the principles and techniques of the persuasive communication, both oral and written.
- Applying the logical, critical, systematic, and innovative thinking in the context of developing or implementing the science and technology that pays attention to and applies the humanity values in accordance with their field of expertise;
- Being able to demonstrate an independent, quality and measurable performance;
- Examining the implications of the development or implementation of the science, technology which pay attention to and applies the humanity values in accordance with their expertise based on the scientific principles, procedures and ethics to produce solutions or ideas;
- Compiling a scientific description of results of the study in the form of a theses or final project report, and uploading it on the college page;
- Making decisions appropriately in the context of solving problems in the students’ field of expertise, based on the results of analysis of the information and data;
- Being able to maintain and develop networks with mentors, colleagues, peers both inside and outside the institution;
- Being able to be responsible for the achievement of the group work outcome and to supervise and evaluate the completion of the work assigned to the workers under their supervision;
- Being able to carry out the self-evaluation process towards the group work that is under the student’s responsibility, and able to manage the learning process independently
- Being able to archieve, store, secure, and recover any data to ensure the validity and prevent any plagiarism.
- Being able to analyze the interactions between actors in public governance. Such as, in policy making and public service management, both at the local and national levels, in the social, economic, cultural, political and defense aspects with a political economy approach;
- Being able to identify the public interests in the public policy cycle, both at the local and national levels;
- Being able to analyze and evaluate the public policies using the principles, quantitative methods ( cost benefit analysis, analytical hierarchy process) and qualitative methods ( participatory impact analysis, case studies) in the entire policy cycle (formulation, implementation, and evaluation);
- Being able to review the relevant regulations and policy analysis results in the form of policy notes, policy briefs, or policy papers to produce the draft policies;
- Being able to socialize the policy products and urge the public to participate in implementing the public policies at least by using the social media;
- Being able to organize (planning, preparing the budgets, allocating the resources, implementing, and evaluating) the activities in the context of implementing the public policies and improving the public service performance;
- Being able to analyze the risks and implement the risk mitigation programs towards the policy implementation;
- Being able to propose ideas / thoughts on the policy reform and public service management.